A creative mess is better than tidy idleness. ~Author Unknown
Any day spent sewing, is a good day. ~Author Unknown
I love sewing and have plenty of material witnesses. ~Author Unknown

Wednesday, August 15, 2012

Sleeping Towel/Mat

Hi fellow crafters!  I hope you're all well and crafting away.  What's everyone working on?  Crocheting?  Knitting?  Sewing?  Please share!!!  I need some fresh inspiration.  I was looking back and realized I never tried chicken scratch.  When I get a chance I'm wanting to make some throw quilts out of scrap fabric.  It would be cool if a couple of the squares were chicken scratch.  But on to today...

I've been working on another round of being sick.  What's up with that?!?!?!  So I have very little to show for my time.  Today, I whipped up a sleeping towel for my daughter.  Please tell me why they must nap on a towel at school instead of a mat?  I completely cheated on this craft because let's face it travel pillow cases are cheap ($2.24) AND I found one that's zebra print just like I wanted.  So what did I actually do you asked?  I sewed the bottom of the pillow case to the top of the towel.  I know you're blown over right.  Hehehe...  Well, my only claim to fame is embellishing the front with a couple hearts, one being minky, and my daughter's name.  Because I still don't feel 100% I wanted to just put "Kj" nice and big in the middle, but my little rat wanted her full name.  Ugh...
Oddly when ironing the pillow case it left zebra stripes on my ironing board.  Good times. =)

Alright, I need some chicken soup or sorbet for my sore throat so "TAG!" you're it.  Post your recent or not so recent projects.

3 comments:

Unknown said...

I love it all! A little girl needs a pink towel sleeping mat. Can she use it for school? You did a great job of it... Thank you so much for all the nice tutorials that you have shared with us.
I have to tell you we don't get a lot of activity on the blog.. but what we get is awesome. :0)

Jennifer said...

APP shouldn't you be in bed? =) I hope you're healing well. BTW, I'm always hopeful people will start jumping on. I'll keep trying.
And yes, she will use it at school. For some reason they don't use the nap mats at her school; they request you send a towel. Naps at school will already be hard, but the no stuffed animal rule is going to kill it. =(

Unknown said...

Thanks for sharing your creation with us, I love zebra print! I'm sure your daughter will love this pillowcase, you did a nice job!